From April 4 – May 4, 2012 we are running a Kickstarter campaign to raise much-needed funds for the completion and distribution of Shift Change: Putting Democracy to Work. Kickstarter is the world’s largest online funding platform for creative projects. Our goal is to raise $30k in 30 days.
We are counting on your support– either by making a financial contribution and/or by spreading the word about the film and the campaign to your networks– to make this ambitious fundraising effort a success.
Below are some tips and resources to help you play a role in bringing this project through the finish line. These tips are meant as a starting point. If you have other ideas or inspirations about how you’d like to help, please contact us. We welcome your enthusiasm and creativity!
How to Support Shift Change on Kickstarter:
- Make a financial contribution. Donate to Shift Change via the Kickstarter site between 8am (PDT) on April 4 and 8am (PDT) on May 4.
- Tell everyone you know about Shift Change on Kickstarter (see our social media resources below for advice and samples).
- Make sure you are connected with us via email, Facebook, and Twitter, to receive the latest updates, news, and additional tips.
Social Media Tips
- “Share” posts from Shift Change: Putting Democracy to Work on your Facebook page. Remember to include a comment about why you support Shift Change.
- “Retweet” updates from Shift Change on Twitter. Be sure to include the hashtags #coops, #worker-owned, and #democracy.
- “Forward” emails from Moving Images (non-profit production company behind Shift Change). Send them to your friends, colleagues, and organizational mailing lists. Click here to join our mailing list if you aren’t already on it.
- “Like” or “Tweet” the Shift Change preview video. Both on our Kickstarter page and here on our website.
- “Pin” Shift Change photos and videos to your Pinterest boards.
- Blog about Shift Change. Use your personal blog to announce your support for the Kickstarter campaign and the importance of completing this film.
Sample Tweets and Status Updates
Use the sample tweets below to tell your Twitter followers that you are a fan of Shift Change.
[Sample Tweet #1] I just donated to @Shift_Change on Kickstarter. Join me. http://tinyurl.com/cdvjll5 #coops
[Sample Tweet #2] I support this inspiring Kickstarter project: http://tinyurl.com/cdvjll5 #coops #democracy
[Sample Tweet #3] Please support @Shift_Change on Kickstarter. http://tinyurl.com/cdvjll5 #coops
Use the sample Facebook status updates to tell your friends and fans.
[Sample Facebook Status #1] Please join me in supporting an important and inspiring new documentary film: http://tinyurl.com/cdvjll5
[Sample Facebook Status #2] I just contributed to a Kickstarter campaign in support of the new film Shift Change: Putting Democracy to Work. Please consider donating. http://tinyurl.com/cdvjll5
[Sample Facebook Status #3] I’m so excited about the new film, Shift Change: Putting Democracy to Work! Learn more about it here: http://tinyurl.com/cdvjll5
Use these links to promote Shift Change to your networks in whatever way makes the most sense for you.
Link to Shift Change preview video: http://shiftchange.org/new-a-sneak-peek-at-shift-change/
Link to Shift Change Kickstarter page: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1287935035/shift-change-putting-democracy-to-work
Link to Shift Change Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/shiftchangemovie
Link to Shift Change on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Shift_Change
Link to Shift Change Enews Signup Page: http://shiftchange.org/contact/
Shift Change Logo / Web Banner
Post our logo as a banner on your website / blog / social networks. Be sure to link the banner to www.shiftchange.org.